About Me

I am an errant Network technician with a penchant for writing, photography, and technology. While I experience more of them all, I'll share what may be of benefit to you.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Avengers is Not One to Miss


Avengers was EPIC!!! Several tears fell, merely from the overwhelming "IT" that was The Avengers. The last time I was this excited for something was while waiting in line to ride The Hulk rollercoaster at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. And just like that coaster, it didn’t disappoint. Joss Whedon has fully cemented himself in my mind as a man that can do anything.

The action was there in a way that looked almost like a dance, which leads me to believe that the fight choreographer (Jonathan Eusabio) should never stop doing what he does. Humor was throughout the movie in expected (almost anything Tony Stark says) and unexpected ways (watch Hulk for some of the best parts). Speaking of The Hulk, Mark Ruffalo and the new style they implemented for creating The Hulk worked perfectly. It was like he took what Edward Norton did for the character and then built upon it with the experience he would have had after several months/years? of hiding. Both of the end credit scenes were done great (yes, I said both), and Cobie Smulders pops up as a strong addition to the cast with some great physical acting.

Sets were all done with what appeared to be meticulous detail and this lent to the illusion of depth for the 3D format. When the pieces had to interact with the digital additions (I’m talking about the best part, destruction) everything made “sense” as it was being demolished by heroes, villains, creatures, and set pieces. These were not Captain America sets, but instead Thor and Iron Man inspired that were glossy when expected, and natural when needed. The costume designers work really shown when battle damage came into play, and sidenote during the selection of Ms. Potts first costume (fabulous legs Ms. Paltrow).

I saw it in the 3D format, but I think this is one of those films that used it as more of a way to ensure that there is depth to each scene, and not really immerse you in it. I suppose 2D would also be fine, but I've already decided to get it on 3D Blu-ray when it comes out because I’ve found it difficult to transition to 2D versions after the 3D experience (might just be me). Of course, if someone invites me along (on their dime) to see it in theaters again and they don’t care to see the 3D version, then I wouldn’t say no.
Speaking of the Blu-ray, after seeing this film I am really excited for the "Making of" extras that are hopefully on the disc, because the way the actors all interacted makes me think that when they wanted to have fun off camera, they had fun.

I’m sure all of you were already planning on seeing this film (otherwise why are you reading my review), but I hope my review will aid in enhancing your viewing of this amazing work. Because maybe those little details you might have missed like fight choreography, battle damage, and the real final scene at the end of the movie wouldn’t have interfered with your ability to enjoy it. But I’d like to think that knowing about them will make you appreciate it just that little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment